MacDonald Broadcasting Company
MacDonald Broadcasting Company is a locally owned radio broadcaster operating eight radio stations in the Lansing and Saginaw, MI markets. We have been providing businesses throughout Mid-Michigan with effective on-air, on-site and on-line radio advertising solutionsfor over 50 years. Our Lansing Stations include WHZZ 101.7 FM (Adult Hits), WILS1320 AM (News Talk), WQHH 96.5 FM (Urban) and WXLA 1180 AM - 93.3 FM (LightAdult Contemporary). Our Saginaw line-up includes WKCQ 98.1 FM(Country), WSAG 104.1 FM (Soft Rock), WMJO 97.3 FM (Adult Hits) and WSAM 1400 AM (Soft Rock).
In addition to the radio stations we also own and operate MacDonald Audio a sound company providing background and foreground music and a variety of sound reinforcement systems and services for businesses. We are driven by community involvement, engagement and service. It is a professional yet fun place to work and grow.
The company believes in taking care of their employees and offers a much higher than average benefit package with profit sharing, recognizes an outstanding employee each month, supplies training, tools, subscriptions to pertinent publications & organizations to support their staff.
The Account Executive position is a business-to-business outside sales position calling on local businesses and advertising agencies. You will work with a team of broadcast professionals totally focused on providing results for clients.
• Calling on business owners, key decision makers, advertising agency principles,
media buyers, promoters and event marketers; this includes established
businesses and new businesses that you target
• Through a consultant approach, an Account Executive will uncover customer wants, needs and dreams to build effective solutions to help them achieve their expressed goals and objectives
• Create solutions, commercials and events to help clients
• Staying on top of local and industry trends utilizing supplied resources such as AdMall and Radio Advertising Bureau
• Keeping timely and accurate notes on client interaction via In a Box software
• Assist in copy writing, although station does offer support via employing copywriters and promotional assistance
• Attend two set meetings – one weekly sales meeting with staff and a one-on-one with supervisor
• Meet weekly goals of six Q&A calls, 5 proposals equaling four times revenue goal
Our top performers are organized individuals who are naturally out-going and possess a natural talent to communicate with people from all walks of life. They possess a strong drive to be the best at whatever they do and always bring that positive "can do" attitude to work everyday. They are proud of their many personal and professional accomplishments. They thrive on a fast paced sales environment that rewards it's top performers with bonuses and public recognition. They know the importance of customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile for their customers. They are trust worthy, always on time, honest and dependable team members. They appreciate and understand business, especially small, entrepreneurial companies. They should be great listeners, curious, self motivated and accomplished.
• Proven success at cold calling, prospecting and closing business
• Work well within a team environment but be driven to achieve personal goals
• Local business contacts a plus
• Proficiency with MS Office, Power Point, Word and Excel
• Ability to attend evening and weekend events as needed, which are few
• Able to attend weekly sales meeting and required number of client appointments,
limited to Mid Michigan
• High attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits:
In addition to higher than average compensation, benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical coverage, dental, optical paying a high percentage of individual or family coverage; paid vacation and holidays, 401K, profit sharing, monthly performance bonuses and car / gas allowance. MacDonald Broadcasting provides extensive training and support to help sellers achieve a high level of success.
MacDonald employees have fun too...community involvement, concerts, client entertaining, company outings.
To learn more and apply contact email@example.com
MacDonald Broadcasting Company is an equal opportunity employer.